- Option 1: $27.50 for half marathon registration (regularly $55)
- Option 2: $20 for 10K registration (regularly $45)
- Option 3: $15 for 5K registration (regularly $40)
- Race is held Saturday, 7/13 at 7:00 a.m.
- Scenic course with park, nature center and Denver skyline views
- All runners receive Finisher's Medal, goodie bag, race pictures and official race time
- Food and drink, music, awards and kids' activities post-race
- Promotion Expires July 13, 2013
While he may not be much of a roadrunner, DealChicken is willing to lace up his sneakers for a good cause. The annual midsummer Sand Creek Half Marathon invites runners and walkers to hit the course on Saturday, July 13, to help support the Bluff Lake Nature Center. Offering distances and courses for all age and skill levels, participants can test their stamina by taking part in the 5k, 10k or half marathon, all while enjoying a scenic backdrop of neighborhood streets and the city’s own nature preserve. For more than half off the normal registration fee, enjoy a day of running for a worthy charity without tripping up your finances.
Beginning at Central Park in Stapleton, the course for all three distances takes participants through the park with the longer runs eventually heading out along Sand Creek Regional Greenway and through Bluff Lake Nature Center. Featuring food and music, kids activities that include the free 1/3 mile children's run, music and awards, each runner or walker will also receive a t-shirt, medal, goody bag and photo of them on the course.
$27.50 for half marathon registration (regularly $55)
- Cash refunds up to 14 days after date of purchase. See Terms of Service for refund details. Limit 1 per customer. May buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Voucher valid for one runner. Online registration process must be completed by 4/30/2013. No cash value or cash back. Certificate cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, coupon or promotion. Merchant will abide by gift certificate state laws.
$20 for 10K registration (reguarly $45)
The races support Bluff Lake Nature Center. Visited by nearly 5,000 elementary students each year as part of formal education programs, the Center provides a unique wildlife refuge and outdoor classroom in east Denver.